Contract type: 2 year fixed term contract or 2 year secondment
MOJ Pay Band: B
Closing date: 23:55 Friday 22 December
Assistant Inspectors (AIs) play a key role in HMI Probation’s inspections of adult and youth offending work. During inspection visits they examine and assess the quality of practice carried out by front-line staff, against HMI Probation’s published inspection standards.
The inspection programme for AIs is demanding and staff will need to work away from home for up to three weeks out of every four.
To succeed in this role, you will need to have experience of assessing the quality of work being delivered to those who have offended. You will also need strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to engage with front-line staff and deliver honest and open feedback. Good IT skills are essential for this role.
It is desirable that candidates have a good general understanding of the criminal justice system. You will also need to show that you have the resilience, stamina and attention to detail needed for this job, which involves working away from home most weeks, including lone working.
- Work as part of HMI Probation’s team of inspection staff by undertaking assessments of front-line practice
- Provide accurate and concise written feedback to lead inspectors on individual cases
- Provide feedback to individual case managers/ responsible officers about their work
- Lead and facilitate focus groups/meetings of staff groups and service users
- Contribute to HMI Probation’s work on policy areas, based on inspection findings
- Undertake work on joint inspection programmes, working collaboratively with colleagues from other Inspectorates
- Deliver training to probation and youth offending staff on how to assess practice, using HMI Probation’s inspection standards
- Provide briefings to HMI Probation staff on specified subject areas
- Represent the organisation at external meetings
- Recognise and promote diversity issues in all aspects of work
- Undertake other work as allocated by HM Chief Inspector
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.justiceinspectorates.gov.uk/hmiprobation/about-hmi-probation/jobs/ →