Hestia supports vulnerable adults and children across London
Looking for a part-time opportunity where you can contribute to public protection?
This is a very rare opportunity to join our fantastic team at our Approved Premises. With only around 100 Approved Premises in England we have an unusual but very rewarding role to play in rehabilitation within the criminal justice framework.
One of the key things we do is to model pro-social behaviour and attitudes, helping to create and maintain a positive culture of respect in all work inside and outside of the service with both clients and colleagues.
This role is not without its challenges and at times can be demanding but you will be supported not only by management but by your peers as well.
We want genuinely fantastic people to come and join our team so if the above resonates with what you are looking for in your next role, we would love to hear from you.
We welcome applications from candidates with lived experience.
- The ability to engage and communicate effectively with others to provide a flexible and responsive approach
- The ability to learn quickly, gather information and make defensible decisions
- The capacity to maintain firm boundaries, using authority legitimately whilst working pro-socially and positively with people
- The ability to receive, process and accurately record detailed information, sharing it with others as appropriate and within the framework of confidentiality
- An understanding of the emotional and behavioural impact of trauma and the ability to work with people who may be display a range of emotions, behaviours and communication challenges
- Having a solution focused approach and the capacity to work constructively and collaboratively towards problem solving
- Being optimistic about the possibility of change and peoples capacity to change
- A calm, assertive, persistent and non-judgemental approach
- The ability to work within a structured, busy and sometimes pressured environment
- The ability to work as part of a team, leading by example, taking a pragmatic, hands on approach to practical tasks such as cooking, gardening and other ‘household’ chores and leisure activities
If you want to do an ASYE and you fit the criteria Hestia will support you to join our existing programme.
In return we offer a competitive salary, a supportive working environment and a host of benefits including pension, employee discounts, 25 days holiday per annum (for full-time positions) plus the option to buy an additional 3 weeks, cycle to work scheme and season ticket loan.
For a detailed job description, benefits overview and terms and conditions, please see our attached job pack.
Hestia is proud to be a Disability Confident employer. Should you require our job pack in an alternative format, require further assistance or wish to discuss any reasonable adjustments you may need to attend an interview, please contact [email protected]
If you have any convictions/cautions, this does not mean you cannot apply for any of our roles, however we do require a DBS for all positions. We will ensure that any positive disclosures on DBS records are discussed with candidates and fairly assessed by an internal panel.
Location: Wandsworth and Lambeth
Contract: 18 months fixed term contract
Salary: £26,568 rising to £27,480 pro-rata per annum after 1 year (Please see the attached job pack for the pro-rata salary)
Hours: 20 hours per week
Working Pattern: four-week rolling rota, see attached job pack for an example
Closing date: 1 August 2017
Interview date: 10 August 2017
Hestia is a vibrant, London wide charity that has supported vulnerable adults and children for over 40 years. We empower people across the community to rebuild their lives, realise their potential and live fulfilling and independent lives.
We use our 45 years of experience to support 9,000 adults and children across London. We try to help anyone who needs us, whatever their circumstanceshelping survivors of Domestic Abuse and their families to rebuild their lives, creating a stronger future for themselves in a safe and healthy environment.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://hestia.octo-firstclass.co.uk/Candidates/c/ApplicationForm/Advert/51204?aisId=12&qc=1&d=449695ac49592e2a5ab291a6b70d38b20857f7be&src=2 →