Hestia supports vulnerable adults and children across London
Help us make our new and exciting service a big success.
Our RBKC Young People Accommodation Service which started in September 2016 is looking for amazing Support Workers to join the team. We aim to make a significant difference to young people by assisting them with housing related support.
We a proud of our strong networks in North Kensington which allows us to support vulnerable young people with a range of needs.
If you want to help make a difference to a young person’s live and don’t shy away from the challenges a new service may bring, we would love to hear from you!
We welcome applications from candidates with lived experience.
If you have any convictions/cautions, this does not mean you cannot apply for any of our roles, however we do require a DBS for all positions. We will ensure that any positive disclosures on DBS records are discussed with candidates and fairly assessed by an internal panel.
- Ability to communicate, engage and build effective working relationships with people
- Ability to use a range of approaches to ensure effective person centred support planning.
- Ability to maximise independence by motivating and supporting service users towards their goals.
- Ability to travel and work across the services when required.
- Working knowledge of Welfare Benefits
- Excellent literacy and numeracy skills and proficient in the use of a range of IT applications and the ability to learn and use additional IT systems.
- Ability to complete and record basic financial transactions, i.e. petty cash
- Experience of providing support to similar client groups
If you want to do an ASYE and you fit the criteria Hestia will support you to join our existing programme.
In return we offer a competitive salary, a supportive working environment and a host of benefits including pension, employee discounts, 25 days holiday per annum (for full-time positions) plus the option to buy an additional 3 weeks, cycle to work scheme and season ticket loan.
For a detailed job description, benefits overview and terms and conditions, please visit our website.
Hestia is proud to be a Disability Confident employer. Should you require our job pack in an alternative format, require further assistance or wish to discuss any reasonable adjustments you may need to attend an interview, please contact [email protected]
Location: North Kensington
Salary: £20,124 rising to £20,760 per annum after 1 year
Hours: 39 hours per week
Working Pattern: Monday to Sunday, rolling rota
Closing date: 30 April 2017
Interview date: TBC
Hestia is a vibrant, London wide charity that has supported vulnerable adults and children for over 40 years. We empower people across the community to rebuild their lives, realise their potential and live fulfilling and independent lives.
We use our 45 years of experience to support 9,000 adults and children across London. We try to help anyone who needs us, whatever their circumstanceshelping survivors of Domestic Abuse and their families to rebuild their lives, creating a stronger future for themselves in a safe and healthy environment.