Hestia supports vulnerable adults and children across London
Looking for an opportunity to help shape a service?
We are looking for an inspirational Service Manager to join brand new team delivering exciting community based support service in London Borough Hounslow!
Commencing in January 2017, the Hounslow LIFE Integrated Support Service is an exciting new project that supports adults at risk of losing their independence through the delivery of personalised preventative support in the community.
This is a High profile, modern contract which offers the opportunity to shape the service as it moves forward.
Are you someone who can lead, motivate and empower a team to deliver amazing outcomes? We would like to hear from you!
We welcome applications from candidates with lived experience.
If you have any convictions/cautions, this does not mean you cannot apply for any of our roles, however we do require a DBS for all positions. We will ensure that any positive disclosures on DBS records are discussed with candidates and fairly assessed by an internal panel.
Please contact our HR Department ([email protected]) for more information or to discuss an employment opportunity with Hestia.
- Demonstrable experience of managing services that meet the needs and aspirations of people with a range of long term conditions, health and complex needs.
- Demonstrable experience of managing multiple and complex teams including experience of recruitment, induction, supervision, motivation, appraisal, training, discipline and grievance issues
- Experience of performance monitoring and delivering consistently high standards.
- Ability and experience of managing complex budgets
- Experience of managing subcontractors or delivering services in partnership with other providers
- Excellent understanding of the Care Act 2014 and the delivery of services to meet the needs and aspirations of carers.
- Excellent knowledge of Community Care, Mental health, Health and Safety, housing and welfare benefits legislation (including welfare reform)
- Knowledge of methods of assessing, formulating, implementing, recording, reviewing and monitoring person-centred support and assessment plans
- Ability to positively promote the organisation at external events, including delivering presentations and creating marketing material.
- Understanding of, and the ability and motivation to implement excellent Equality & Diversity practice.
If you want to do an ASYE and you fit the criteria Hestia will support you to join our existing programme.
In return we offer a competitive salary, a supportive working environment and a host of benefits including pension, employee discounts, 25 days holiday per annum (for full-time positions) plus the option to buy an additional 3 weeks, cycle to work scheme and season ticket loan.
For a detailed job description, benefits overview and terms and conditions, please see our attached job pack.
Hestia is proud to be a Disability Confident employer. Should you require our job pack in an alternative format, require further assistant or wish to discuss any reasonable adjustments you may need to attend an interview, please contact [email protected]
Salary: £35,496 rising to £36,348 after 1 year
Grade: 39 – 40
Hours: 39 hours per week
Working Pattern: The service operates Mon – Fri from 8am – 9pm and Sat – Sun from 10am – 5pm so some flexi working to ensure contract is delivered within these times will be required.
Closing date: 19 February 2017
Interview date: 22 February 2017
Hestia is a vibrant, London wide charity that has supported vulnerable adults and children for over 40 years. We empower people across the community to rebuild their lives, realise their potential and live fulfilling and independent lives.
We use our 45 years of experience to support 9,000 adults and children across London. We try to help anyone who needs us, whatever their circumstanceshelping survivors of Domestic Abuse and their families to rebuild their lives, creating a stronger future for themselves in a safe and healthy environment.